Sunday 3 March 2013

I love Scotland

I have just got back from a 4 day break in Scotland. I went to University in Edinburgh and worked there too after graduation before finally settling in London. I therefore think for an Englishwoman I know Scotland quite well. I have travelled to many places in Scotland over the years and the place is very dear to my heart. I have been very lucky in my life so far to have travelled to many places including Mongolia, Mexico, India, Nepal to New Zealand but for me the many landscapes of Scotland are the most breathtaking. I try to go back to Scotland as often as I can and this weekend I travelled to the Isle of Islay on the Western Isles. It began with a early morning flight from London to Glasgow, a 3 hour drive to Kennacraig and then a 2 hour 20 minuteferry crossing. The OH is a whisky lover so we visited some distilleries too. Here are a few snaps of our trip.I cannot wait to go back.

Loch Lomand from Luss

Loch Fyne

The ferry

Salmon three ways at the Port Charlotte Hotel, Isle of Islay

View from our room at our guesthouse

Our guesthouse, Loch Gorm House, Islay

The Sound of Jura

Islay



Sunset at Bowmore

No comments:

Post a Comment